Fork Lift Operator JobOcean Isle Beach, NC
Back to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
Responsible boat yard operations including marine forklift operation, assisting other operators with forklift and travel lift operations, assisting boaters with tie- ups, fuel purchases, pump outs and providing high level of customer service.
- Assist the forklift and travel lift operators in the movement and storage of customer vessels. Assistance includes but is not limited to performing the role of spotter, preparing storage spots for vessels, tying up vessels, putting together boat stands, flushing boat engines and more.
- Provide great customer service to current and potential marina customers. Assist customers with tie ups, pump outs, fueling and more on the docks. Respond to customer inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Perform special projects assigned for each day of the week. Projects include but are not limited to general cleanup, boat yard work, routine maintenance, pressure washing, scraping of hulls, sand blasting and more.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of marina information including, but not limited to, slip sizes, slip, rack and yard rates, packages, promotions, the local area, and other general product knowledge and ensure they answer all customer questions and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Marine Forklift Operator: experienced marina forklift operators please give detailed background on experience and certifications, pay rate will vary from dockhand position.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of other supportive functions and manual labor, with the percentage of time performing each function to be determined by the Marina Operations Manager.
- Assimilate into the Harbortown Marina - Canaveral culture through understanding, supporting, and participating in all elements of the operations. Demonstrate working knowledge of our service standards. Regular attendance is required and following the operating standards set forth by marina management.
- OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The marina provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged, or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your manager.
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Skills & Qualifications:Apply Now Back to All West Shore Marina Jobs
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language to communicate effectively
- Ability to exercise judgment in evaluating situations and in making sound decisions
- Ability to work in inclement weather including hot, humid, cold, and raining conditions.
- Ability to work in a team environment and take direction quickly
- Comfortable working in a physical labor position
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Comfortable working with a fluid daily schedule of task and duties
Back to All Jobs