Senior Director of Capital Projects JobNashville, TN
Apply NowApply Now Back to All West Shore Marina Jobs
Back to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
Southern Marinas is seeking an experienced construction project manager to oversee the budgeting, management, and completion of capital projects at our properties throughout the United States- with a particular concentration in the Midwest. This position will be responsible for planning construction and repair projects, mostly in a marine environment, and overseeing their progress from start to finish in a timely and cost-effective manner. Key responsibilities will include budgeting, organization, implementation, and scheduling of the projects along with scheduling and management of the Southern Marinas capex team. As the Senior Director of Capital Projects, you will collaborate closely with various stakeholders to ensure smooth project execution. With your keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills, you will ensure that all construction activities align with the established timeline and budget. Your expertise in project management and team management will be crucial in coordinating resources, resolving any issues that may arise, and delivering successful construction projects.
- Work in conjunction with the Operations Department to oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion, ensuring maximum operational capacity for our properties.
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Coordinate and direct the capex team and subcontractors to meet budget and completion timelines.
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory.
- Meet contractual conditions of performance.
- Review work progress across the entire portfolio of properties on daily basis.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status, budget tracking, etc.
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses.
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ years working experience in construction management. Experience in marine construction is a plus, but not a necessity.
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods.
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process.
- Experience with cost estimation/takeoffs.
- Familiarity with construction management software packages.
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture.”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal management skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the country.
- BS degree in construction management, engineering or related field is preferred.
Back to All Jobs